Objectives of the farm
The first and major objective of the BUAN Farm is to provide facilities and services for teaching:
- Provide student-managed practical plots
- Provide demonstration plots for practical classes
- Provide structures for both crop and livestock demonstrations
- Provide structures and animals for practical training in animal production
- Be a facility for Field Practical Training
The second objective of the University Farm is to provide facilities for research by:
- Providing research plots for staff and student projects
- Providing structures and experimental animals for staff and student research projects
- Permitting students to carry out meaningful and well-planned research projects during which a lot of practical skills can be acquired.
The third objective of the Farm is in commercial production in areas where, there is comparative advantage to produce. This objective will be realized by:
- Engaging in production areas which are profitable under Botswana conditions.
- Developing the attitudes of students towards working with their hands to acquire some good working habits.
Serving as a model to the farming community in Botswana and thus send the message that farming in Botswana can be a viable economic option
19 Mar, 2019