Faculty of Agri-Business, Education and Extension
The aim of this programme is to prepare graduates who are able to supply continuously updated science-based information that farmers and people in agriculture-related industries require to increase food production, and to increase quality of life in our rural set-up. At the end of this programme the graduates should be able:
- To serve as trainers in various rural training and agricultural vocational centers in the country.
- To plan, implement, evaluate and monitor various agricultural development projects in the country.
- To provide leadership in the process of participatory technology development and dissemination.
- To mobilise people for implementing agricultural development policies.
- To participate in formation of relevant farmers’ groups.
- To develop positive change in knowledge level, skills, attitudes and aspirations of people towards improving their quality of life.
- To promote awareness of farmers on issues relating to agricultural production and development.
- To organize and conduct extension meetings.
- To take up farming as a business.
- To serve as a link between farmers and government.
- To produce competent agricultural education teachers for senior secondary schools.
- To co-operate with other Departments in the Faculty of Agriculture and outside the faculty in training and producing high quality Agriculture teachers.
- To combine theory and practice in all agricultural and education courses.
- Analyze agricultural policy problems in relation to production and marketing.
- Advise farmers on farm business management.
- Conduct market research in the agricultural industry.
15 Mar, 2023
10 Mar, 2023