Faculty of Animal and Veterinary Sciences
- To train middle level cadre of staff capable of surveillance and evaluating livestock disease outbreaks and responding appropriately to such situations in collaboration with all stake holders.
- To train, in conjunction with other department of the College, middle level manpower that can advise farmers on animal production and management practices.
- To impart skills and positive attitude necessary for learners to venture into animal agricultural industry as entrepreneurs.
- To train graduates with a strong foundation in science and practice of animal agriculture.
- To produce graduates with specialization in ruminant animal production.
- To train graduates with specialization in non- ruminant animal production.
- To produce graduates with skills, knowledge and attitudes that will prepare them as entrepreneurs in the animal agriculture industry.
- To produce graduates who can further their knowledge in animal science at post graduate level in order to prepare themselves for careers in research and teaching.
12 May, 2023