Mrs. Belda Q. Mosepele
Faculty of Natural Resources
Department of Wildlife and Aquatic Resources (WAR)
MPhil in Fisheries Biology and Management, University of Bergen, Bergen, Norway.
Thesis Title: “Assessment of the species Penaeus latisulcatucus and Penaeus japonicus in the shallow-water shrimp trawl fishery at the Sofala Bank, Mozambique. Mphil Thesis. Department of Fisheries and Marine Biology. University of Bergen (UiB), Bergen, Norway.”
Post Graduate Diploma (PG dip.) in Fisheries Biology and Management, University of Bergen, Bergen, Norway.
Licenciature degree (BS) In Fisheries Biology, Eduardo Mondlane University, Maputo, Mozambique.
Six years experience as an aquatic ecologist at UB and one (1) year so far at Botswana University of Agriculture and Natural Resources (BUAN).
Field and extension Experience:
1. Ten years as a Fisheries Technician at the Instituto de Investigacao Pesqueira (IIP) in Mozambique.
2. Four years as a Biodiversity Officer at Conservation International – Botswana.
3. Four years as a Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist – Southern Africa Regional Environmental Program (SAREP), a Chemonics International, Botswana.
4. Four years experience as Department of Environmental Affairs’ (Ministry of Environment, Natural Resources and Conservation) District Coordinator (for Ngamiland, Chobe and Ghanzi), Botswana.
5. One year Project Officer, Ngamiland Sustainable Land Management Project, funded by UNDP.
6. One year as the Executive Secretary of the Botswana Environmental Assessment Practitioners Association (BEAPA), Gaborone, Botswana.
1. Freshwater Aquatic Ecology (Aquatic macroinvertebrates)
2. Aquatic Natural Resources Management.
3. Fisheries management of sub-tropical and tropical fisheries.
4. Monitoring and Evaluation.
5. Project Management.
(1) Freshwater Systems Management (RSB322)
(2) Wildlife Ecology and Management (ASB311)
(3) Currently developing a BSc in Fisheries and Aquaculture Sciences learning program;
Freshwater Aquatic Macroinvertebrates Ecology; Natural resources management
31 Jul, 2021