Dr Kenneth Obrien Mpho Mapoka
Faculty of Agriculture
Department of Agricultural and Biosystems Engineering(ABE)
- PhD topic: Non-destructive measurement system to determine corn seed planting depth using ground penetrating radar for precision agriculture
- PhD in Agricultural and Biosystems Engineering, Iowa State University (2018), USA.
- MEng in Mechatronics, University of Sheffield (2012), UK.
- Member of American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers.
- Agricultural Engineering
- Precision farming
Primary Research Areas
- Precision Agriculture, sensing and controls applicable in advanced machinery control.
Potential Research topics
- Engineering and applications of soil and crop sensors; precision agriculture
- Sensing below the roots: Low-cost networked soil moisture sensors to dynamically map the fluxes in moisture across field
- Advanced machinery
16 Sep, 2022