Banyaladzi D. Paphane
Faculty of Sciences
Department of Physical and Chemical Sciences (PCS)
- Master of Science Degree Topic: Kinetic studies on the reactions of some Tetrakis(arylisocyanide)bis(perchlorato)-cobalt(II) complexes with pyridines in non aqueous media. The dissertation examines the kinetics of the reduction of selected Tetrakis(arylisocyanide)bis(perchlorato)cobalt(II) complexes by Pyridine type ligands in non-coordinating solvents.
- Master of Science Degree in Chemistry: University of Botswana (2005), Botswana.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Chemistry and Environmental Science: University of Botswana (2003), Botswana.
- Vice Secretary of the African Material Research Society (AMRS)
- Committee Member of the African Network of Analytical Chemists (SEANAC)
- Member of the Chemical Society of Botswana
- Member of the Botswana Academy of Science
- Physical and Organic Chemistry
- General and Inorganic Chemistry
- Organometallic Chemistry
- Metallurgical Assay Methods
- Instrumental Methods of Analysis
- Chemical Catalysis
- Organo-metallic synthesis and Chemical Catalysis
- Environmental and Green Chemistry
- Alternative green energy sources
- Investigation of oils from Botswana indigenous plants as a feedstock for the production of bio-diesel
- Determination of efficacy and environmental friendliness of chemical control methods of bush encroachment in Botswana pastures.
B. D. Paphane, R. Gontse, T. Francis and K. Sonno, 2017, Extraction of Oil From Stramonium Datura Seeds as Potential Feed-Stock For Bio-Diesel Production, International Journal of Advanced Research, 5(7), 1911-1917.
D. Mogopodi, B. D. Paphane, and S. Petros, (2015), Assessment of chemical management practices and safety in junior secondary school laboratories in Gaborone, Journal of Chemical Health & Safety, 22, 17-27.
B. D. Paphane and L. L. R. Ramirez, (2013), Chemical Pre-treatment of Anionic Surfactants Contaminated Waste Water at Enaspol A. S. using H2O2/UV Light Waste Water Pre-Treatment Method. Journal of Environmental and Analytical Toxicology, 3 (181), pg 1-4. dol: 4172/2161-0525.1000181
B. D. Paphane, B. Nkoane and O. Oyetunji, (2013), Kinetic studies on the of leaching reactions in the autoclave circuit of the Tati Hydrometallurgical Demonstration Plant, The Journal of the Southern African Institute of Mining and Metallurgy, 113, pg 485-489.
O. A. Oyetunji, B. D. Paphane and C. A. L. Becker, 2009, ‘Substitution and Reduction Reactions Between some tetrakis(arylisocyanide)bis(perchlorato)cobalt(II) Complexes and two Amines: Basicity and Steric Effects’, Asian Journal of Chemistry, 21, pg 5337-5344.
12 May, 2023